Friday, September 12, 2008

Here's my (VERY WRONG) Royals 2009 opening day lineup

C - Taylor Teagarden
1B - Billy Butler
2B - Mike Aviles
SS - Rafael Furcal
3B - Alex Gordon
LF - Raul Ibanez
CF - Mitch Maier
RF - Jose Guillen
DH - Kila Ka'aihue

----------------------------

*Let me just start by saying I know I'm going to get burned at the stake for the Furcal prediction. I completely understand your frustrations with his health.*

I know, I know, this is very far-fetched. As you can see, I predicted a trade in there. David DeJesus to the Rangers for Taylor Teagarden and obviously some prospects. I think Maier impressed some with his stick, albeit he didn't play a great deal this season.

I think Maier could very well be the center fielder if DeJesus gets traded. He showed he could handle the position and is likely to hit for a respectable average while popping around 10 homers a year. Very similar to DeJesus numbers. Of course, if the Royals keep Teahen he may get the nod instead.

I don't think the Royals will have much luck trading Guillen, though I wish it would happen. I think Shealy would be a likely candidate to be traded. If not, pencil him in over Butler at first and Butler over Ka'aihue. Hawaiian Punch will open the season at Omaha.

----

My biggest question here...would GMDM actually consider dealing Gordon or Butler? He hasn't hesitated to raise some eyebrows in the past, you know. Obviously, I don't think that would actually happen but who knows?

No comments: