Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sorry for the delay, here's my analysis from Wednesday's 2-0 win

I want to apologise to you guys for not getting something posted on here sooner about last night's Royals game in which they took down the White Sox 2-0. I do have an excuse though, I am battling a horrible stomach pain that has put blogging on the bottom of my to-do list.

Anyways, before the Royals start today's game against Chicago I just wanted to point out a few things about the game last night that I'm sure you have already heard about by now.

First of all, Zack Greinke is a friggin stud. He tossed six innings of Josh Beckett baseball and completely bamboozled Sox hitters all night. Jermaine Dye (sorry Jermaine) looked like I did at the plate when he whiffed horribly at a 12-6 curve that he missed by about three feet. Greinke also roasted Alexei Ramirez and Jim Thome on some filthy sliders as well.

Mark Teahen made a very nice play at second on a ball hit hard to his right. He's admittedly had trouble all spring with that ball up the middle, but has been making huge strides in that department. If you haven't seen the play (it may not look too hard when a gold-glover is fielding it, but it's a very tough play) Teahen backhanded the ball and made a strong throw to first in one motion to get the runner by two steps. That was good to see.

Juan Cruz was electric (as expected) in two inning of hitless relief. He retired all six batters he faced. Joakim Soria was his normal self as well. Striking out Dye to end the game on a filthy curve.

Anyways, I don't feel like writing much more. Again, I apologise. I'll try to have something on today's game when it ends. We're about to get underway. Go Royals!

No comments: