Monday, January 26, 2009

Numbers on the Grienke deal

Here we go guys. The way the Greinke deal shakes down is that Greinke will make between $36-38 million over the course of the deal with him making what is believed to be $13.5 million over the final two years of the deal. Sorry, in my initial post the details were just emerging and early indications were that he was to make $13.5-16 million in each of the final three years. Obviously, he wasn't only going to make just $13.5-16 million over the entire length of the deal. My mistake in writing. I admit I'm human.
Too bad we don't blogs don't come with copy editors.
Also, the deal goes through 2012 rather than 2013. Apparently the deal kicks in this season rather than going with his arbitration figure and then extending it. Anyways, as goes the news business when you're in a hurry to get it out there first, sometimes we mess up.
Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

No comments: