Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm back, Pimentel is out, and other Royals tidbits

Hey guys, I made it back from the family business I was tending to and boy did I miss the blog while I was gone. I managed to keep up on most things Royals while I was gone, but unfortunately wasn't able to get any fresh content on here during that time.

Anyways, for those who haven't already heard, Royals pitching prospect Julio Pimentel is going to miss at least a month and a half with bone spurs in his elbow. The 23-year old righty didn't fare too well at AA Northwest Arkansas last season, but he is projected by scouts as a future upper rotation arm with lots of potential. It remains to be seen if he will actually need surgery or not until he gets a second opinion on the elbow. If surgery is needed he will likely miss a large portion of the season.

Among other menionables from the Royals camp this weekend is the hot streak Mark Teahen is on since returning from playing for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic. Teahen, who is trying to win the second base job in Kansas City this year, hit his 4th homer of the spring (tying him for the team lead) after hitting two dingers on Saturday.

Mike Jacobs is also slugging the ball this spring with four dingers. Doug Waechter threw a bullpen session and all went well as he attempts to return from a mild injury. John Bale is also mending from yet another injury. Both players should see game action this week - barring setbacks.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading your comments again and I hope you guys haven't left me yet! I'll be posting more regularly now that things are squared away.

No comments: